How should I select my delivery date for the cake jars?
Please check our calendar at the checkout to see the earliest delivery date, we recommend ordering a minimum of 3 days in advance, and you can order up to 3 months ahead. You can select any available date on this Calendar however we recommend you choose a delivery day between Wednesday - Friday.
If your order is for Cake Jars, We will try our best to get your order to you on the selected delivery date however, as we use a third party delivery service and other unforeseen circumstances, delivery IS NOT 100% GUARANTEED on your selected delivery date.
**WE ARE UNABLE TO ISSUE A REFUND IF YOUR JARS ARE DELIVERED TOO LATE FOR CONSUMPTION DUE TO A COURIER DELAY (over 3 days from delivery date).
How much is delivery for my cake going to cost?
It depends on how far you live from the studio! Please find your postcode below - if you can't find it, we may not be able to deliver to your address. To check, give us a call on 02102914671.
Delivery is $12.50 for the following postcodes:
Delivery is $18 for the following postcodes:
Delivery is $22 for the following postcodes:
Delivery is $36 for the following postcodes:
How much is my bespoke cake going to cost?
This depends on the size and level of detail or labour hours required to achieve the desired design. We have a minimum spend of $200 and our minimum size for custom cakes is our tall 6inch, 12 - 18 serve.
Do you make allergy friendly cakes?
We can’t cater for any nut allergies or gluten intolerances as we work in a very busy and very small kitchen so while we take the utmost care with each and every cake we make, there is always a chance of cross contamination with allergens.
How big are the cake servings?
Our serving sizes are 1.5 x 2 inches in size and each piece includes two strips of cake and one strip of filling.
Do you use fondant?
Yes! While we don’t get too many fondant cake enquiries, we can and still do use fondant. However, please bare in mind that the fondant application can make for a labour intensive process, which drives up the price. Ultimately we have found ways to create textures and finishes without the need for fondant.
Do you make fondant cake toppers or figurines?
No but have a chat with us and we can recommend some suppliers.
Ordering & Delivery Information of Cakes
- In order to schedule your cake on your event date a 50% non-refundable deposit is required. Without the deposit, we will not hold your date.
- All final payments are due 2 weeks prior to your event date. If payments are not made by the due date the cake may be cancelled.
- Refunds are not provided for any reason. Due to our full schedule and our attention to detail, we spend many hours planning and preparing before even beginning on a product. We can however postpone your cake or products should the date be available.
- If you have ordered a cake online and selected the wrong date, we are unable to issue you a refund.
- Any cake placed outside during an event has the possibility of melting or deforming due to the heat. We are not liable for a cake once it has been delivered or picked up.
- The cost of two tier or fragile orders delivered by Colab Cakery is $2 per km from the bakery to the event venue and back. The distance will be determined by the shortest distance as calculated by Google Maps.
- We are not liable or responsible for the cake once it has left the bakery. You should prepare your vehicle so it is clean and free of items that could roll or slide into the cake. We do everything in our power to provide a well-structured cake, but please note that cakes are very fragile - drive carefully and slowly.